The lady from Brazil !

She is around forty or maybe forty five years old. I met

her or rather she met me around the corner of a Kolkata

street. It was an unexpected meeting while I stood there

just  for few moments to smoke a cigarette. I was absorbed

in my own thoughts when I saw the lady crossing the street

right ahead of me. She was a foreigner and she seemed quite

at ease with the large number of vehicles passing around her. 

After crossing she went straight towards a small shop selling

cigarettes, soft drinks etc and said something to the owner. The

owner however did not respond and then she decided to come

straight to me. Without a word the lady started pointing towards

my fingers repeatedly. One doesn't expect such expression from

a foreigner-I mean pointing fingers! or so towards a stranger. I

asked her( in english ) to explain herself for such behavior. She

finally told me to throw away the cigarette. Somehow she gave

me the impression of....maybe. ..maybe. .she was not mentally

stable.  She told me that it was God who sent her to warn me

against smoking -and she has come all the way from Brazil just

to warn smokers to quit smoking.

Well well well-what should I say to that !

It's a good piece of job that she is trying to do-there is no

denying to that !









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kolkata Biryani in Hyderabad!

Ramdulal De Society in America !!

Tara Bhora Akasher Niche. By Srijato !