About Art & Artists !

       "Art is strong wine and it needs a strong head to keep it."

I have read the above line somewhere and since then kept it in

my inner dictionary-for a long long period- unaware of its  use

or relevancy. I often dwelled upon the said line on various phases

of my life and wondered what had inspired the Author ( probably

it was Maxim Gorky or Fyodor Dostoevsky) to have penned out

such a line.

 Myself, being somewhat bent towards the Art World, I take this

opportunity to relate some facts about a friend of mine. He was

a young musician trying to establish himself in the music world.

Of course he had all the requirements & trainings to become a

successful Harmonium player (both as a soloist and an accomp-

anist ) yet the Artist within him gave him no respite from his

uncertain & unpredictable mood swing. He went along

 the world according to his terms.

I could still remember the day when he brought along with

him an equally talented Artist. Usually he preferred to run

on his own time and seldom gave any intimation of his a-

rrival.

 Since it was quite late and I was on the point of retiring

I requested him to come back the next day. But he was

the uncompromising friend of mine whom I could not

deny either.

 My will to sleep vanished immediately when the young

man began his rendition after some hesitation. I not only

became alert but  got totally engulfed in his music which

not only touched my heart but brought tears in my eyes !

I got so emotional that I simply cried and repeatedly said

that the young man was not only talented but a genius as

well. (Later Melody Queen Lataji and Raj Kapoor too accepted).

Yes -such was my feelings and such were my friends! Should

I take their names ? Better not-  But let me reveal that both

these young men made themselves well known throughout

India if not in the world !

I will try to bring before my readers about their whims and

peculiarities (which great Artists usually have ) at some point

of time !


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kolkata Biryani in Hyderabad!

Ramdulal De Society in America !!

Tara Bhora Akasher Niche. By Srijato !