Strange Newspapers Reading !

"Sir please give me two rupees. " 

As usual I was taking a stroll around our locality when I

heard the above request. It didn't have any effect upon me

as I thought it was a beggar asking for alms. As I moved on

I heard the same request being made to other passersby. But

I was surprised when someone casually asked him the reason

the beggar replied "I want to buy a Newspaper. " I couldn't hold

back my curiosity and asked him what would he do with such a

thing like a Newspaper. Here is the story that he said :-

  He was around 45 years old and the owner of a house which he

rented out -keeping a room or two for his own use. He was a Gov.

Contractor by profession and married. His only daughter left him

while studying Madhyamik. I am not sure whether his wife was

with him or not.    He was cheated by someone to the tune of 12

lakh after which he left business. I have no reason to disbelieve

him although he looked like a beggar indeed. I finally asked if he

had enough money to feed himself. To this he said that he usually

ate Muri / Chira etc.  In the meantime one of his tenants (   a lady

around 55 years old ) was passing by - who took me aside and

acknowledged his story! She added that he was a nice &innocent

man ! Finding him a simpleton several persons have taken

advantages and thus he was left defenseless.

When asked about the Newspaper he confessed openly it was

 the only way he could spend the day -even if he had to beg

for it !



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kolkata Biryani in Hyderabad!

Ramdulal De Society in America !!

Tara Bhora Akasher Niche. By Srijato !