Love among middle aged couples !

Her name was Mrs. Flaming. She was a part time teacher in a

school just opposite my house. She was an Anglo Indian lady.

 She was tall with dark complexion but the most remarkable

part were her eyes. They were the softest eyes that I had ever

seen. She used to impart spoken english lessons to that Hindi 

Medium school. 

She was usually accompanied by her husband who probably

lost his job or was unemployed -I am not sure. Mr . Flaming was

terribly in love with his wife and he followed her in her every 

steps. He had a peculiar expression of disappointment all over 

 his face and seemed to be living just for her sake.

I was newly married then and my wife was not accustomed in

speaking english fluently-though she had a Master Degree in

Philosophy. I decided to call upon Mrs.Flaming for the sole

purpose of making my wife speak the language comfortably. She

immediately agreed and we made the necessary arrangements

for the said purpose. After continuing for a month she requested

me to replace her for her husband. So from then onwards the

husband-Mr . Flaming-took up the job.

After quite sometime I was standing on the balcony of my house

relishing my first cup of tea. I saw Mrs.Flaming on the school's

veranda trying to tell me something. I couldn't follow her but got

the sense that something was wrong. I immediately went to the

school and waited for her to come down. I found her in a distress

mood-in fact she simply broke down.

Her most beloved husband was no more! I felt the pang as I had

rare occasions to witness such love  and dependence among the

middle aged couple.

(There was more to it-especially about Mr.Flaming's life-which
I intentionally kept away )










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kolkata Biryani in Hyderabad!

Ramdulal De Society in America !!

Tara Bhora Akasher Niche. By Srijato !