Music vs Business !

I was around 40 years of age. I was in business but as it happens

was also interested in Music too. I was in the habit of closing my

office within 7 pm as I was the proprietor of the concern. I gave

strict orders to my staffs never to disturb me after the closure of

my office.  

My manager whose name was Dilip Babu too was a Sitarist and 

 was well aware of my habits. He followed my orders very well

and I on my part relied upon him too much. He was a very nice

man being an artist himself. In fact on my request he used to

teach Sitar to my wife too.

However I would like to relate an incident which could throw

some light on my state of mind during those days.

Like every day I was busy with my Music after office hour. I was

in the middle of Raga Jogkosh with my Tanpura accompanying

me. My eyes were closed in a meditative mood and I was in

 a different world. (am sure Artistic minded persons  will be

able to easily understand that certain all absorbing mood)

I suddenly fell from that height. ..my accountant Guha Babu was 

at the door. He was trying to draw my attention in various ways.

I tried to shy away but he kept on -all the time trying to send a

message. Finally I came back from my meditation and found

another man along with him. He was trying to back out finding

me in that state of mind. But my accountant kept on insisting.

"Get lost immediately !" I lost my patience and shouted at the

top of my voice. The man who looked shattered folded his hands

in a 'namaskar'- apologized and vanished! Guha Babu however

desperately tried to impress me by saying that the man was a

customer who would like to purchase Chowmein Machineries.

"To hell with your customer & machineries !!"-I shouted again.

My concentration in the meanwhile vanished into the thin air !

It took sometime for me to regain myself. Fortunately I found

the man standing at a distant and apologized for my behavior.

I told him to meet me at my office the next day.  At the same

moment I rebuked Guha Babu once again since he was aware

of my instructions.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kolkata Biryani in Hyderabad!

Ramdulal De Society in America !!

Tara Bhora Akasher Niche. By Srijato !