Music running before or after us !

Someone told me that there was a time when we ran after

music while at present music seems to run after us. Well-it

gave me food for thought.  I was really in a fix since it made

me loose my precious sleep.  For some moments I reflected 

 upon  the matter.

Yes I agree what is mentioned as ' Golden era of music' but

somehow disagree too about the notion that the present era

is aiming towards nothingness.

With due regards to artists like Md.Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar, Asha

Bhonsle, Manna De,Kishore Kumar to our Bengal artists Hemanta

Mukherjee, Sandhya Mukherjee, Shyamal Mitra etc. - I would

still like to claim the supremacy of Music -even more-during the

present era. At times it stunns me to see very little girls and boys

performing at levels unthinkable during the said era.

Reality Shows in TV, easy access to YouTube etc has given us the

freedom to listen to any kind of music anywhere,anytime. It was

not always possible during the so called 'Golden era' for everyone

to have that comfort-I agree.
(To continue)










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kolkata Biryani in Hyderabad!

Ramdulal De Society in America !!

Tara Bhora Akasher Niche. By Srijato !