A terrible experience.

It was a terrible sight and I cannot forget it throughout my life. It sometime haunts me in my sleep too.
It was near Dalhousie in Kolkata where the event happened. A tanker loaded with gas was the cause of this tragedy. It happened during the busy hour when everybody in that area was shocked to hear  a bombasting sound.
It so happened that I too was present on the spot on that very day. I was coming out from an office when suddenly I heard a loud 'Boom' sound. It was such a loud sound that every one in that area simply stood still or rather shuddered. When I came to my sense I saw a big tanker on fire. Fireballs were coming out from it and sometime hitting pedestrians. While I was watching all this suddenly a ball came rushing towards me. I moved aside and somehow saved myself. Before my eyes I saw a man shaking shaking  and finally collapsing. Just before my eyes the man turned into a  ball of  fire.  A peculiar sound was coming out from his mouth which immediately caught my attention. 
That sound .....oh that sound haunted me throughout my life !
I could still hear a kind of a moaning sound coming from balls of fire!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ramdulal De Society in America !!

Gajan & Charak Puja at Chatu Babu's Bazar !