Basanta Utsab 2019 !

From the age of 23/24 I have been organizing functions. During

those days I had a large number of friends who gave me support

in my endeavor. Being a musician myself I used to get involved

in such activities at the drop of a hat.

    However I seriously began Basanta Utsab around 1980 or so. 

The private passage before my house, my own house and our

Ancestral Thakurbari (I prefer to call it Natmandir ) were my

usual venues. 

   After my marriage in 1981 my wife became my main supporter.

She was always at my side though heavily engaged in household

affairs-especially bringing up our children Mausam & Surela.We

belonged to a joint family ( which has it's merits as well as

demerits) but she never hesitated to give herself completely to 

the welfare of the Sansar.She endured my whims at every step  

 at the same time devoted herself fully towards her children-

especially towards their educational & cultural activities.

   However as far as my Basanta Utsab goes she and later my

children were my main-probably my only supports. They were

and still is my main backbone. Mausam , my son and Archi my 

daughter-in-law took pleasure in designing the Basanta Utsab

 cards this year.

Surela my daughter-though abroad gave constant encouragement

through messages. 

     To make it short - I was on the point of retiring from such

activities. It was Pradip Ghosh, Dunia Boral & Kunal Roy etc

who gave me the impetus to organize the Basanta Utsab 2019

once again. 

   I would like to thank them-especially Pradip Ghosh for his

unflinching support! 
Sitar-Rakesh Choudhury
Tabla-Soumen Mukherjee. 
5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kolkata Biryani in Hyderabad!

Ramdulal De Society in America !!

Tara Bhora Akasher Niche. By Srijato !