Desire unfulfilled !!



Met her in a railway journey. She was much younger than me.

Somehow we got acquainted.She asked me a question. Here is

what she said-:

I always respected my elders and followed their advice. My

father always wanted me to be an engineer & take care of the

family. I finally did what he/they wanted & earned sufficient

money -gave them the required security !

Unfortunately -I had a dream- a dream to become a musician.

When I asked if I could now pursue my dream-my father

adviced me -not to lose what I have gained ! A bird in hand

is better than two in bush-he advised. She once again fulfilled

her father's wish.

NOW the question -Did I do the right thing ?

Was at a loss to answer her question !

Finally told her a story-which I remembered very well !!

A boy from the family of lawyers suddenly decides to become a

pianist.Never before had the family knew of any member taking

any interest in music-leave apart piano !They however succumbed

when they found the boy very very serious.After taking lessons

for two years -he was given the opportunity to be heard by an

eminent pianist-for judgement.

"Never in a thousand years !!" announced the pianist.

The boy took his own life !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kolkata Biryani in Hyderabad!

Ramdulal De Society in America !!

Tara Bhora Akasher Niche. By Srijato !